Saturday, April 03, 2010

Today was a Fairy Tale

I thought it would be fun to take a moment and write out Landon and I's "Fairy Tale Romance" as many older ladies call it. I have been bugged and bugged and bugged to write this down....

I guess it really all started in December of 2006, I had my heart broken by someone I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with. Granted I was totally mistaken by this thought...I was only 17 at the time and well hey He was my escape from my mother and well I like to call it my "Senior Rebellious Stage". But it was a good time and I wouldn't trade it for anything now (I really wish we could be friends again...but alas I ruined that one *SUPID 17 YR OLD ME*) ANYWHO... Well I reconnected with a Friend of mine Michael T. Woodley from Evanston, we really got to know each other again and he became my best friend...wait no...a brother to me... like almost the twin brother I never had, even though he was a year younger than me. Well Heaven needed him more and he was taken from me, his family and friends February 24th, 2007. He was on his way home to Evanston after asking me to Prom both my senior and his Junior proms. I shattered into a million pieces I don't remember much... everything went by in a blur.. I dont remember much of his funeral I dont remember much of the next 3-4 weeks...it was school, work, home.. I was a zombie. Until one day I got told that my mother may have found me a date to prom... (CAN WE SAY FREAK OUT!!)... anyways, I was working one night when the phone rang.. my co-worker looks at me nad said "Someone wanted to know if you were working" of course the thoughts that ran through my head "OH CRUD I look gross, my hair is a mess, I have no make-up on, I am greasy, sweaty and just plain gross" The next day Connie comes to me and says that her son Landon would like my cell number... I gave it to her. I remember I am on my way to Evanston now...wait I dont remember ( I TOLD YOU IT WAS A BLUR THOSE WEEKS) but anyways.. Landon called me a few days later and asked me if I wanted to go to dinner to get to know each other better. I being a chicken didnt even called him I replied to his voicemail through the voicemail service... ha ha... and said sure lets do it. We met a few nights later for dinner at Los Cabos (this was my first real date, guy came and got me took me there and PAID for it). I was soooo excited. Next day I text him and said that I had had fun the night before and would like to do it again he agreed. So we went for a hike that night and sat up on a rock and just talked and watched the sun go down. We were nearly inseperable for the longest time. Finally prom came around and landon kissed me that morning (of prom we were out till 3am in Rock Springs ha ha) then after prom he was kissing me again.. I looked at him and said I am not going to be friends with benefits its either friends or a relationship choose. So the next night he took me up to the lake handed me a box opened it and it was a glass frog with a poem about princes and princesses... he asked me if he could be my prince... and since then its been a fairy tale!! Now we have a beautiful baby boy and been Married for two years!!!

0 comments: