Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I am thankful for. .

I have a lot to be thankful for today!!! Monday morning I woke up at about 4:30am MST , with some horrible back pains, just thinking it was Joshua hanging out in my back we tried to get him to move. About 5:45 the pain went into my abdomen, and was so bad I couldn't stand up straight, let alone move to do anything. About 6:30 we made the call to the On-call doctor in Evanston and they said I needed to get to the nearest ER ASAP because it sounded like I might be in labor. I am in pinedale visiting Landon and family, so after the quickest trip to Jackson Hole ever made by anyone, even with the crappy roads I think we made it in like 45 minutes if not less, I wasn't paying attention. I was admitted into the ER where they blew three veins trying to get blood and an IV line going. They finally got an IV in and started and I went through a bag of fluids in less than an hour. I also was found to have a horrible UTI (which if you don't know is a bladder infection) that was causing my pain. The doctor then informed me that if we would have waited much longer it would have turned into a kidney infection that could have really sent me into pre-term labor. Josh was content throughout the whole process, he really didnt like the machines they had to monitor him and make sure he was okay, he was rolling away from them and kicking them, so they finally took him off the heartbeat monitor and left me on to make sure I wasn't' having contractions. I was released from the hospital about 3 or 3:30ish I don't remember I was so drugged up I just remember calling my mom, grandma, and dad to tell them we were out of the hospital and then I remember going over the RIM, which was scary with crappy roads. But here I am about 48 hours later and I feel better now then I have in about a week... so what am I thankful for

1. MY wonderful husband...because without him I would have been freaking out even more than I already was sunday morning. He is truly an amazing individual and I cannot wait to see him become a dad.
2. My mom and stepdad...who drove to Jackson to sit in the hospital room for 45 minutes then drove home so they could catch New Moon... which is A-OK with me.
3. Nurse Susan... she was my nurse at the hospital and she was amazing, she was honestly concerned about me and they were trying so hard to make me confortable when I was in so much pain. She is definatly a "ROCKSTAR"

0 comments: