Sunday, January 31, 2010

Labor and Delievery

I finally have a few seconds to sit down and write this down before I forget.



I was suppose to be induced Wednesday the 27th. Well all night Sunday night I had the urge to clean and clean some more, my poor 38weeks4day pregnant body couldn't do much though. I was having problems falling asleep and finally looked at the clock for the last time at about 1am.



3am comes around and I feel like I need to go to the bathroom. As I sit there I realise I am cramping up a bit...hmmm... thinking nothing of it I try to lay down... over the next hour the pain gets a little worse. I finally called Landon about 4:45 to tell him he might want to just be prepared to come home just in case and that I would call him after my appointment at 10:30 that day. Landon asked me to go to the hospital and I was in denial horribly in denial. I finally timed my contractions from 5 to about 5:45 and they were coming every 3-6 minutes and were :45sec to 1:30 long. I called my friend Val who took me to the hospital where I was admitted.



The nurse in L&D when I got there didnt think they would keep me because I could still talk through my contractions, and seemed ok. Well they did shift change and come to find out I was at a 3. They called my doctor who came in about 8am and let me know that they were for sure keeping me and that I could get my epidural because I was at a 4 at this time. So I called and let everyone know it was time to start heading for the hospital.



Epidural was NOTHING, it made me a pretty happy person. About 10am they came in and broke my water, in which they saw a little tinge so they let me know we would have a respitory person in the delievery room just in case. Everything slowed down for a couple hours long enough for Landon, my mom, and landon's mom to get there. I finally about 2 got the horrible urge to push, I was only at an 8. We were calling the nurse in every 15 minutes at this point to check me because the urge got worse and worse.



Finally at about 3 I got to push. While I was pushing they thermostat in the room broke causing the heater to be on full blast. So between the heater being on there was the Doctor, the L&D nurse, Respitory Nurse, Nursery Nurse, Anastesiologist, another nurse, my mom, landon and me. I wore out after about an hour of pushing. So the doctor decided to try the vacuum, which worked!! Otherwise I would have had to have gone to the C-Section to deliever him.



Joshua Michael was born January 25th 2010 at 4:19pm he was 6lbs. 11oz. he is the cutest little boy and very very laid back. He only cries when he is getting his diaper changed, and when we are changing his clothes. I am so happy that he is finally here and cannot wait to watch him grow up.

0 comments: